I'm incredibly excited to tell you that I'm going to be at BookExpo this year! AHHH!
I cannot actually believe that I am going. I've wanted to go to BookExpo i.e. BEA since 2012 when I first started my blog (it was then a youtube channel), but of course, not living in the US I've never dreamed it would be possible. When I found out that I would be in the US over the summer for school, and I would be in NYC around the time of BEA/BookExpo, I applied for a media badge with no expectation of getting one.
Imagine my surprise when I got an email from the Book Expo folks saying my application had been accepted! I would never ever be able to go without this so THANK YOU BOOK EXPO! Since then, it's been a whirlwind of planning and organising and booking and scheduling and I'm delighted to say I will be at BookExpo/BookCon. I cannot wait!
I've been picking everyone's brains about BEA, since I've never been, and people have been so kind and helpful and patient in puting up with me. I've now got a schedule organised (or at least as organised as it can be!) and so many people have given me awesome tips. I thought I'd share some of these here in case they can help anyone else. Thank you so much to everyone for these! <3
- This forum on goodreads is super helpful and a wonderful way of meeting other bloggers who are going: here.
- This packing guide by the lovely ladies at The Book Bratz is super helpful: here.
- If you are looking for awesome, up to date schedules, my faves are by Julie here and Chi Chi here. Lexie's schedule here is also beautiful and colour coded!
- Another wonderful resource is Kristin's video here - Kristin is such a sweetheart and she does an awesome job explaining the event.
- There are also some wonderful posts by bloggers full of advice for attendees - some that I have found useful are Jess' (here), Lexie's (here), Angela's (here), Angel's (here) and Emma's (here).
Lastly, if you are going to BookExpo/Bookcon I would love love love to meet you! I love meeting other bookish people and the online bookish community really does feel like a family to me. Please say hi to me if you see me in line, snacking on chocolate and looking mildly freaked out by the crowds. I'm the one with the crazy curly hair and probably a chicken themed shirt!
(I had to include a bird GIF)
Let me know if you are going, so I can keep an eye out for you. If not, I'd love to know your thoughts on which books I should look out for?